Thursday, November 3, 2016

Student Success Statement 11/03/16

"He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed."
                                                                                              Proverbs 13:20


       I believe that the proverbs are trying to say that if you hang out with the wrong group of people then they start to influence with their bad motives. When you hang out with a group that suits you, that will help you study and maintain on task, they will help you achieve success in life. The people you hang around always affects the way you learn, the way you act, the way you dress, basically they affect everything in your life. They can also affect your behavior. If you were a great student in school and then you started hanging out with the kids who never did their homework, who always ditched school, who smoke weed/pot etc. then that changes the way your teachers, peers and parents look at you. When you hang out with people who help you study and help you maintain your grade point average it shows that you know who you are around and that you know they will help you achieve greatness in your academic life. When you see a new student walk into class and they are all alone you might want to talk to them. Talking to them is good but if after talking to them you find out why they are alone that helps you realize if you should stay and talk to this person or if you should leave because this person is a bad influence. Even you can influence others. I have 2 younger siblings who look up to me. One is my baby sister who is 2 years old and the other is my little brother who is 8 years and is currently in third grade. Most of the time my brother and I spend time arguing but in the end I end up helping him and he helps me with things as well. My sister gets influence by what we do. "Monkey see, Monkey do" is what my mom says when my sister is around. She means that if I show her what is right then she will do the right things, if not then she'll go down the wrong path. Not only can others influence you but you can influence others so watch your actions because everything counts. 
Image result for he that walketh with wise men shall be wise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Student Success Statement 6/07/2017

"You will go far with CTR."                              -Mr. Haymore I believe this statement is saying that the only way to m...