Thursday, December 1, 2016

Student Success Statement 12/01/16

"Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity. Intelligence and skill can only function at the peak of their capacity when the body is healthy and strong."                        -John F. Kennedy



What this quote is trying to say is that in order to have a creative and dynamic intellectual activity you must be physically active. A healthy body means it functions better and there are less chances of you getting sick. A strong body means you can lift heavy things and most-likely not get hurt. But both a healthy and strong body can also help you in your creative learning and your dynamic learning. Everyone's body functions differently. Mine for example is not normal but it is healthy and strong for my figure. I have a heart murmur which caused many changes with the way my blood flowed and my reactions to physical activity. Instead of having the side affects my doctor told me that since I was in a healthy and strong condition I was only getting stronger which was helping me avoid the side affects. If you decide to smoke or do drugs it can affect your physical mentality therefore also messing with your head. If you stay active in sports such as volleyball, wrestling, basketball, soccer, baseball and somethings like colorguard and band then that can help stabilize your mentality and your physical fitness. When being active in sports and extra curricular activities it helps you maintain your intellectual activity because in order to be in one you have to be in the other. I for example am in marching band and in order to be in marching band I must a maintain a certain grade point average or I will be grade cut. Doing a sport you love and mixing it with your studies helps you get more creative and dynamic. That is why Physical fitness is one of the most important keys to help you have a dynamic and creative intellectual activity.

Related image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Student Success Statement 6/07/2017

"You will go far with CTR."                              -Mr. Haymore I believe this statement is saying that the only way to m...