Monday, December 5, 2016

What challenges do teens face today?

What challenges do teens face today?
Several of the major challenges are,
  • depression,
  • bullying(both cyber and physical),
  • drug use,
  • sexual activity,
  • alcohol use,
  • obesity,
  • peer pressure
  • Social media
  • On-screen violence
  • Academic Problems.
These are some of the top ten issues that teens are facing today. Many of these issues are brought upon them when they feel they are not wanted. Depression can come when the child feels lonely or “out of this world” in the bad way. Depression also comes as a side effect of bullying. Bullying can happen in so many ways but it takes time to finally see when it is actually happening. When a child is being bullied it is either because they don’t fit in or because they were being bullies to others. Other times bullying and depression can lead to alcohol and drug use. Both of these uses can lead to life-threatening situations or even death because of an overdose. There are other things too like sexual activity, this could be because they wanted to engage with a partner whether they were ready or not and in the end they have to face consequences such as STD’s pregnancy, HIV and AIDS. Other things such as academic problems could be because they aren’t getting the required help they need in school. On-screen violence could be cause by abusement at home or anywhere as discipline or because they have family members that abuse each other.
Two major challenges I have faced have been bullying and low self-esteem. I have low self esteem when I think other people are better than me and I think that I can never be as good as they can. The other problem I face, which is bullying, I have learned to deal with it because you only get bullied when people are jealous of you. Even though some commentary may hurt my feelings and it might bring me down, in the end I can’t let it get to my head or I’m just proving the bullies right. Being a CTR person helps me overcome these challenges I face because it shows me that I am a good person even though others want to make me feel bad. Being a CTR person shows me that I have to be responsible no matter what everyone else says to make me stop. I can help other teens overcome these challenges by giving them advice and talking to them about my experiences. I can also help them through the situations by showing them another way to get rid of it and to help make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Pictures:
Image result for helping hands quotes
Reflection: What is the greatest needs that teens have?

I believe that the greatest needs a teen has is the need for attention. They need attention from their parents and loved ones. They need to be supported in choosing the right life which is why they need the attention so they can ask for help. I think that the biggest need teens have is the need to be loved and supported by their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Student Success Statement 6/07/2017

"You will go far with CTR."                              -Mr. Haymore I believe this statement is saying that the only way to m...