Friday, October 14, 2016

Songwriter

Song Writer
Duties and Responsibilities:    Songwriters often compose music and write lyrics to follow the music they made. Songwriters must work for long periods of time and is a very busy profession. Often they have to meet up with artist who they think would like to sing the music they create. They also have to meet  up with agents and record studio executives so that their music can be marketed. In order to keep writing music they must have a keen sense of what the latest taste in music is especially for different group ages. Also to write their music they must listen to other songs that are probably some of the latest hits and make an appealing song to please their customers. Songwriters who are able to go on tour are also able to sing their own music and collaborate with other songwriters and singers. They must
  • Practice playing and performing music
  • Generate new song ideas.
  • Transcribe music into printed notation
  • Record, mix and master songs
  • Market music to agents, record studios and artists

Average Salary:  Songwriters make $23.50 an hour.

Education: Certification(optional) and licensing knowledge(optional)

Demand for this Profession: It is said to increase by 5% over the next decade.

Picture:

Reflection: Do you think you would like to be one? Why? Why not?

I would love to be a songwriter because I have written many songs before. To me music is what I feel, what I see and what I breath everyday. Music is my heart and soul and that is why I would love to become a songwriter because I put my feelings into the music I create.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Student Success Statement 6/07/2017

"You will go far with CTR."                              -Mr. Haymore I believe this statement is saying that the only way to m...