Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Student Success Statement 1/24/2017

"I wasn't trying to leave a legacy. I was trying to do what was right. "
                                             -Dean Smith


I believe that Mr. Dean Smith is trying to tell us that sometimes leaving a legacy doesn't always have a big impact. In order to make a difference you must do the right thing. That is how his legacy was made. When you intentionally try to leave a legacy you sometimes get to caught up with yourself that you forget what you were actually here for. When you forget about the legacy part and focus what is at hand while doing the right you make a greater impact on the people around you. When I lived in Kansas I was known by all the kids in my elementary school. Not because I was the popular kid but because I was one of the students that always behaved and did the right thing. All those kids that were younger looked up to me and told that one day they hoped to be like me. It gives you a warm feeling that you are appreciated for doing the right thing. I wasn't trying to be known around the whole and I wasn't expecting to get noticed but I did because I made the correct choices. If I were to get into fights and get bad grades then no one would look up to me for good reasons but more or less for dirty work such as finishing a job for them or getting in a fight for them. You don't have to try so hard to make sure others know you are doing the right thing. Sometimes people notice they just don't say it right then and there. You just have to be patient. So don't try to leave a legacy on purpose just do the right thing and everything will fall into place whether you get noticed or not.

Image result for Don't shine so that others can see you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Student Success Statement 6/07/2017

"You will go far with CTR."                              -Mr. Haymore I believe this statement is saying that the only way to m...