Friday, May 19, 2017

Physical Therapist

Physical Therapist

Duties and Responsibilities: Physical therapist review their patients' medical history reports to help them conclude what they need to help them with. They also have to review any referrals or notes from the patient's doctor or surgeon's. They must diagnose their patients' functions and movements by watching them walk or stand. They may develop individualized plans for their patient's care. These outline the goals of the patient and the outcome they expect. They use exercise and stretching maneuvers, hands-on therapy and equipment to help ease a patient's pain and help them increase their mobility, prevent further pain or injury and help with health and wellness. They must evaluate and record their patient's progress so that they can modify their care plan and treatments. They must also educate the patient's family about what they should be expecting from the recovery process and they should best cope with the challenges they will face. 

Salary: Their average pay is $85,400 a year or $41.06 and hour.

Education: They must be licensed and have a certificate depending on the state they work in, DPT Degree, CAPTE, Bachelor's Degree, they must also have compassion, be detail-oriented, dexterity, interpersonal skills, physical stamina, and have resourcefulness.

Demand or Need for This Profession: It is projected to grow by 34% throughout 2014-2024.

Picture:
 physical therapists image

Reflection: Would you like to become one? Why? Why not?

     I would like to become a physical therapist because I have actually met one and they help me take care of my grandmother. Because of this experience, I have wanted to help others that need physical help. I am also very compassionate and I love to be around other people and be as helpful as I can be and if I am a physical therapist I believe that I can do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Student Success Statement 6/07/2017

"You will go far with CTR."                              -Mr. Haymore I believe this statement is saying that the only way to m...